Public input needed for property tax backed bond
The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) is holding five (5) public meetings to seek public input on proposed options to address the E-SPLOST budget. The proposed options were presented to the Board of Education on July 8, 2019.
A key part of the proposed options is a potential referendum to approve a general obligation (“GO”) bond issue to complete the current E-SPLOST program and to complete additional projects to address urgent facility needs. The size of the bond would be in the range of $222 Million to $265 Million.
The five meetings will be held at the following locations on the following dates:
- Clarkston High School, August 26, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Chamblee High School, August 27, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Miller Grove High School, August 28, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Columbia High School, September 4, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Lakeside High School, September 10, 2019, 7:00 pm
Additionally, to receive more public input, DCSD is conducting an online survey. Please visit www.dekalbschoolsga.org/e-splost to learn more about the proposed options and to complete the survey. The survey opened July 22, 2019 and will close September 15, 2019.
Learn more about the proposed GO bond.