The purpose of the Principal Advisory Council is to bring parents, school employees, students and community members together to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other’s perspectives and share ideas for increasing student achievement and performance.
The members of the Principal Advisory Council are accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Act as a link between the school and the community;
- Encourage the engagement of parents and other stakeholders within the school community; and
- Work to increase student achievement and performance through transparent operations and shared best practices.
The Principal Advisory Council operates under the control and management of the DeKalb County School District and will follow Board of Education policies and procedures. The Principal Advisory Council provides advice and recommendations to the school principal, the local board of education and local school superintendent on matters related to school climate/culture, student achievement, and community partnerships.
Fall 2023 Election Results
Electronic voting for SY23-24 Principal Advisory Council (PAC) elections ended Tuesday, September 26th at 5:00pm EST. The School Innovation Department would like to thank all candidates for their participation in the elections process and for their desire to assume a leadership role in continuous school improvement. Election results can be found at the links below.
What is the role of the Principal Advisory Council?
- Act as a link between the school and the community
- Encourage the engagement of parents and other stakeholders within the school community
- Work to increase student achievement through transparent operations and shared best practices
- Review the Continuous School Improvement Plan and monitor progress toward goals
- Participate in the selection of the school principal
Additional Resources for Council Elections
For assistance with the electronic voting system or general information about the elections process, please contact Alia Summers, Coordinator III, School Governance, at email@example.com or (678) 656-6997.
2023 – 2024 Calendar of Events
School Governance 101 Training
October 30, November 15, December 13, January 17, and February 14
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Virtual Training Session
Save the Date! Fall PAC Cross Council
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Light refreshments served from 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Hybrid (Zoom) and 1701 Mountain Industrial Boulevard · Stone Mountain, GA 30083
Save the Date! Spring PAC Cross Council
Date: February 29, 2024
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Light refreshments served from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m
Location: Hybrid (Zoom) and Georgia Piedmont Technical College 495 N Indian Creek Dr, Clarkston, GA, 30021