DCSD Schools Win Imagine Learning Blockbuster Awards
By Carla Parker
Several DeKalb County School District (DCSD) schools took home awards in the 2020-2021 Imagine Learning Blockbuster Awards.
Imagine Learning is a foundation that helps students acquire, develop and strengthen the language skills necessary to fully participate in academic settings and prepare for college and careers. The foundation’s Motivation Department manage several national contests throughout the year and DCSD schools shined in this year’s Blockbuster Awards.
Brockett Elementary School and Indian Creek Elementary School were winners in the Premier School Category. Brockett won the Imagine Math PreK-2 school and Imagine Math 3-plus school categories, and Indian Creek won the Imagine Language and Literacy school category. The Premier School Category winners will be awarded a $50 e-gift card and have earned a nomination to the Year-End Blockbuster Awards.
Several DCSD teachers and students won awards in the Epic Classroom Category. Below are the winners:
Imagine Math PreK-2 classrooms:
- The Daily Attendance – Mr. Herbert Nembhard’s homeroom class of Jolly Elementary School
- Ms. Athenia Thomas’ students of Dresden Elementary School
- The Daily Attendance – Ms. Tashauna Johnson’s homeroom class of Indian Creek Elementary School
Imagine Math 3+ classrooms:
- The Daily Attendance – Mr. Derrien Dennis homeroom class of Brockett Elementary School
Imagine Language and Literacy classrooms:
- Mr. Jacob Carlock’s Grade 3 group at Indian Creek Elementary School
- Ms. Jinny Kim’s Grade 2 group at Cary Reynolds Elementary School
- Ms. Kandis Mitchell’s Grade 1 group at Oak View Elementary School