The Georgia Department of Education has released the following video introducing Georgia Milestones Assessment System:
The following links represent instructional resources that support thinking skills and helping students to construct responses. Additionally, included are links to information related to formative assessment items.
- Georgia Milestones End of Course Assessment Guides
- Georgia Department of Educations’s Formative Item Bank – Online Assessment
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARRC)
Lexile Bands & Stretch Bands
Learn more about Lexile Measures or visit your school’s Librarian-Media Specialist.
To promote student literacy gains, parents should encourage students to not only read texts within the appropriate grade-level Lexile band but to also challenge themselves by reading texts at a higher complexity level or within the stretch Lexile bands.
* CCR=College and Career Ready
* Grade Bands reflect the 2012 Revised Appendix A of the Common Core State Standards for English Languages, NGA and CCSSO.
* The Lexile information is referenced in the Georgia Department of Education 2014-2015 Assessment Manual.