Help transport the next generation of leaders
Each day the DeKalb County School District’s (DCSD) Transportation Department sets the wheels of student success in motion by safely transporting over 50,000 students to and from DCSD schools and centers. We also proudly transport students and staff to field trips and extracurricular activities. We are committed to safety, reliability and timeliness.
There are many options to work in transportation in metro Atlanta but few are as unique or as rewarding as driving the next generation of leaders. A few benefits that DCSD offers transportation employees are:
- Competitive pay for School Bus Drivers is $18.61 – $26.96 / hour ($20,099.29 – $29,121.39 annually)
- Competitive pay for School Bus Monitors is $15.23 – $16.75 / hour ($16,906.94 – $18,588.55 annually)
- Convenient school schedule
- Opportunities for growth
- Paid training upon completion
- Retirement plan
- Two (2) professional work references with scores of seven or above.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements or a CDL permit with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements
- A seven-year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with no more than two (2) serious traffic violations
- No CDL withdrawals due to traffic violations within the last three years.
- Complete a qualifying physical examination conducted by Caduceus USA
- Pass a criminal background check conducted by DCSD Public Safety Department
Interested in working for DCSD transportation? Contact the Transportation Department for more information about the application process at 678.875.0110, email or use the comment link below.