IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
For all other employment verifications (DCSD Work Experience (current or prior years), Student Loan Forgiveness Form, loss of wages, summer letters, etc.), submit your request via eFax 678-676-0066 or email at email@example.com. (Note: verification is plural (with an ‘s’).) Most employers require an employment end date. Therefore, requests for prior years for experience should be submitted after your last day of employment. We will not report your employment end date until you have officially separated from the District.
DCSD Charter Schools are separate entities and maintain their own employee records. The Human Resources Department at DeKalb County School District cannot provide any employment information for DCSD Charter Schools. All current or former Charter School employees should contact the specific Charter School directly for any employee records or information.
Employment and Income Verification
Effective June 1, 2019, the DeKalb County School District (DCSD) Verifications Department has partnered with The Work Number® from Equifax to provide verifications for mortgage lenders, banks, apartment complexes, and other entities who may need proof of your employment and/or income. The service is easy to use and available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week for employment and income verifications.
DCSD’s Employer Code: 19648
If a verifier is requesting a salary key or cannot utilize The Work Number system, follow the steps below.
- Go to the URL: www.theworknumber.com
- Click Sign Up
- Select View My Data
- Enter DeKalb County School District or the DCSD’s employer code
- Click Select Employer
- Follow the prompts to create an account
- Select the appropriate option
For more information on using The Work Number, please visit www.theworknumber.com or call The Work Number® client service center at 1-800-367-5690.
Other Types of Employment Verifications
For all other employment verifications (DCSD Work Experience (current or prior years), Student Loan Forgiveness Form, loss of wages, summer letters, etc.), submit your request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: verification is plural (with an ‘s’).)
Submissions will be returned to the requestor within 7-10 business days from the date the request was received.
When submitting requests via email, be sure to provide the following:
- The document to be completed (verification of experience, loan forgiveness, loss of wages, etc.)
- In the subject line of the email, include:
- Your first and last name
- The last school, location, or site you reported to work
- In the body of the email, include:
- Approximate dates employed with DCSD
- Former last names, if applicable
- Employee identification number, if you have it and/or the last four (4) digits of your social security number
- Details on how and to whom to return the requested information
- A contact phone number where you can be reached
- Any additional information that may help us in completing the request (additional instructions, email or mailing addresses, other school or work site information, etc.)
- A completed DCSD Verification Request Form
- Click here to download the form (DCSD Employee Verification Request Form)
*Requests without your personal information, i.e., name, social security number, signature, etc. will not be completed.