Managing Remote Learning
- Students will follow their normal bell schedule as listed in Infinite Campus.
- Classes will take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- All teachers and students will utilize Wednesday as an instructional support day to allow students to receive intervention, remediation, and/or acceleration individually or in smaller student-teacher group settings.
|GRADE LEVEL||SYNCHRONOUS TIME FRAME|
|Pre-K||1 hour to 1 ½ hours per day per DECAL|
|Elementary – Grades K-2||Minimum of 15 minutes per course|
|Elementary – Grades 3-5||Minimum of 20 minutes per course|
|Middle – Grades 6-8||Minimum of 30 minutes per course|
|High School – Grades 9-12||Minimum of 30 minutes per course|
The daily schedule should reflect allocated times and breaks for:
- Class Changes
- Tech Breaks
- Restroom Breaks
Suggested teacher/student activities for synchronous time frame
- Introducing new concepts/mini-lesson
- Small group instruction
- Class Discussions
- Class demonstration/modeling by teacher and/or students
- Clarifying misconceptions/misunderstandings of concepts/skills
Note 1: The synchronous time frame can be completed in smaller incremental blocks of time during the class period.
Note 2: The synchronous time frame should not be the full duration of the class period.
Suggested teacher/student activities for asynchronous time frame
- Completing assignments
- Previewing content for the next lesson
- Reading, studying, or reviewing materials
- Participating in study groups with other students
Resources for Tutoring & Instruction (DCSD Launchpad)
- NWEA Skills Navigator
- USA TestPrep
- cK-12 Foundation
- Khan Academy