DeKalb County School District SEL Vision & Mission
DCSD Vision of Social Emotional Learning
The vision of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in DeKalb County School District (DCSD) is to implement programming that pushes student success milestones, closes access and achievement gaps, while equipping scholars with DCSD graduate traits to access their preferred future goals.
DCSD SEL Mission
The mission of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in DeKalb County School District (DCSD) is to equip our diverse school community with a foundation of life-long SEL skills for holistic success that promotes equity, excellence and empowerment.
SEL Focus Areas
In order to put our SEL vision into practice, DCSD will focus on the following six areas:
- Focus #1: Promote a shared vision for SEL, culture, and student and staff wellness
- Focus #2: Build connections with students & families
- Focus #3: Encourage student and family well being
- Focus #4: Champion a productive learning environment
- Focus #5: Design opportunities for adults to connect, heal, and build capacity to support students
- Focus #6: Apply data analysis to sustainably improve support for students and families