Having a device to use for school is a privilege that carries responsibilities. The AUP outlines the rules and guidelines for using DCSD devices and network resources. In other words, the policy explains what you can and cannot do.
- You will use the internet system for instructional purposes only as it relates to classroom and co-curricular assignments and activities.
- You will make every effort to safeguard any information from unauthorized users.
- You will not post, publish, or display any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, racially or religiously offensive, sexist, or illegal material.
- You will not violate network security by entering the system under a User ID other than their own, share your user IDs, passwords, or user accounts with others.
For more detailed information about the AUP, refer to Appendix A and/or the Student Code of Conduct. The AUP can also be found in DCSD Board Policy IFBG.
Being a good digital citizen means:
- Thinking before you post words, pictures, etc.
- Keeping your privacy settings as high as possible.
- Not sharing too much personal information online.
- Standing up to cyberbullying.
- Protecting your privacy by not sharing your passwords.
- Showing respect for the viewpoints of others.