All projects will be judged by the following:
- Originality – Was the entry original, creative, and imaginative in content and implementation?
- Clarity – Was the student presentation to the judge clear? (Nervousness will not count against the student)
- Documentation – Did the student receive and document all required permissions?
- Appropriateness – Was the technology/software used appropriately matched?
- Design – Does the overall design support the project purpose?
- Demonstrate an understanding of the software as it relates to the project.
- Explain the various aspects of the creation of the project.
- Defend their choice of software for the project.
- Answer judges’ questions about the project.
At the time of the judging, students will be required to:
Judge periods are 15 minutes for ALL categories. To allow time for judges to fill out the Student Feedback form, students should be prepared to explain and demonstrate the highlights of their project in no more than 15 minutes.
Projects are evaluated by the judges to determine the best project in that category. The judges use several instruments for making their evaluation. Judges will provide each student with a feedback form listing strengths, weaknesses, and suggestions for each project. Actual scoring materials will NOT be released.