Public Input Meetings
The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) is holding five (5) public meetings to seek public input on proposed options to address the E-SPLOST budget.
The five meetings will be held at the following locations on the following dates:
- Clarkston High School, August 26, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Chamblee High School, August 27, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Miller Grove High School, August 28, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Columbia High School, September 4, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Lakeside High School, September 10, 2019, 7:00 pm
The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) will also hold a public hearing regarding the Comprehensive Arts School and E-SPLOST IV. The hearing will be held on September, 19, 2019, 7 pm, at the Administrative and Instructional Complex (AIC) Auditorium.
English | Amharic | Arabic | Bengali | Burmese | Chinese | French | Hindi | Karen | Nepali | Somali | Spanish | Swahili | Teluga | Tigrinya | Vietnamese
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Public Meeting Presentation
August 26-28, 2019 | September 4 & 10, 2019
Updated Enrollment Forecast and Impact on E-SPLOST Construction Projects
Presentation to the Board of Education- July 8, 2019
The DeKalb County School District is exploring options to address E-SPLOST budget issues and ongoing school building conditions.The proposed options were presented to the Board of Education on July 8, 2019.
A key part of the proposed options is a potential referendum to approve a general obligation (“GO”) bond issue to complete the current E-SPLOST program and to complete additional projects to address urgent facility needs. The size of the bond would be in the range of $222 Million to $265 Million.
New Online Survey!
(Closes September 17, 2019)
Online Survey Results
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – updated 09/16/2019
Public Meeting Feedback
Below are the Small Group discussion boards from each of the E-SPLOST/ Budget Issue meetings. Responses and discussions are grouped by the question.
- Which proposed actions in step 1 do you support? Why?
- Which proposed actions in step 1 do you not support? Why?
- Which other projects in the E-SPLOST 5 program should the District consider removing, reducing, or increasing? Why?
- Which option for the Arts School do you prefer? Why?
- Funded in E-SPLOST 5 at the Avondale MS site for $15 million
- Funded in GO Bond at the Avondale MS site for $15 million
- Funded in E-SPLOST at a different site with a larger facility to include a Performing Arts Center for greater than $70 million
- Cancel the Arts School Project
- What are the pros/cons of the moving the High-Achievers Magnet program from Chamblee Charter HS to the new Cross Keys HS?
- Which GO Bond option do you prefer? Why?
- GO Bond ($265 million) program including more elementary schools
- GO Bond ($222 million) program including fewer elementary schools
- Minimal GO Bond($100 million) program only to complete E-SPLOST 4 & 5
- No GO Bond