Public Input Meetings
The DeKalb County School District (DCSD) is holding five (5) public meetings to seek public input on proposed options to address the E-SPLOST budget.
The five meetings will be held at the following locations on the following dates:
- Clarkston High School, August 26, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Chamblee High School, August 27, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Miller Grove High School, August 28, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Columbia High School, September 4, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Lakeside High School, September 10, 2019, 7:00 pm
(Open July 24, 2019 – September 22, 2019)
Presentation to the Board of Education- July 8, 2019
The DeKalb County School District is exploring options to address E-SPLOST budget issues and ongoing school building conditions.The proposed options were presented to the Board of Education on July 8, 2019.
A key part of the proposed options is a potential referendum to approve a general obligation (“GO”) bond issue to complete the current E-SPLOST program and to complete additional projects to address urgent facility needs. The size of the bond would be in the range of $222 Million to $265 Million.