The Atlanta Falcons tabbed Dunwoody’s versatile Montez Swinney as their Week 10 Coach of the Week due to his impact on students on and off the field at Dunwoody.
Swinney coaches ninth grade football, is an assistant varsity football coach, head girls’ flag football coach and head girls’ lacrosse coach at Dunwoody.
He is a long-time assistant football coach at his alma mater and has three years under his belt as the head girls’ lacrosse coach. He helped put together the inaugural girls’ flag football team at Dunwoody this fall as DeKalb stepped into the arena with a few teams this season.
As part of the Coach of the Week program, the NFL and Atlanta Falcons will recognize ten (10) head high school varsity football coaches across the state of Georgia for their hard work and dedication to making a difference in student-athletes lives on and off the field.
Each winning head coach will receive a $1,000 grant for their football program, a commemorative Atlanta Falcons item and recognition from the Atlanta Falcons.
Swinney is the second DeKalb County School District to receive the honor from the Falcons. Stone Mountain head football coach James Lal was named the Week 5 recipient of the award.
Atlanta Falcons Coaches of the Week for 2020
• Week 1: Barrett Davis, Southeast Bulloch High School
• Week 2: Jaybo Shaw, Rabun County High School
• Week 3: Bill Stewart, North Gwinnett High School
• Week 4: Pete Wiggins, Callaway High School
• Week 5: James Lal, Stone Mountain High School
• Week 6: Matt Helmerich, Johns Creek High School
• Week 7: Chris Slade, Pace Academy
• Week 8: Joshua Moore, BEST Academy
• Week 9: Alicia Barton, Shaw High School
• Week 10: Montez Swinney, Dunwoody High School