Miller Grove’s Lorenzo Anderson goes in for 2 of his 19 points in the Class 5A boys’ state championship game. (Photo by Mark Brock)

The Miller Grove Wolverines fought back from a 10-point deficit to tie the game twice before Warner Robins’ Jacoelby Owens hit a three-pointer with 1.3 seconds to play for the game winner in the Class 5A boys’ state championship game at the Macon Centreplex on Thursday night.

Warner Robins (28-3) had rallied from an early 7-0 deficit to within 31-29 at the half and came out in the third quarter to outscore the Wolverines (23-8) 20-8 in the first nine minutes of the second half to go up 49-39 on a Jaron Sanders steal and layup.

Miler Grove dug deep and cut the lead to seven (51-44) on Justice King’s shot in the lane just before the end of the third period.

Warner Robins pulled back out to a 57-50 lead on a tip in by Nelson Phillips with 5:06 to play.

The Wolverines never quit attitude showed as they got a pair of free throws from Lorenzo Anderson and then an old fashioned three-point play with 4:03 to play to cut the margin to 58-55.

Another basket by Phillips made it 60-55 and Terrence Edwards answered at the 3:40 mark with a three from the right wing to again trim the lead, this time to 60-58.

Edwards came back after a pair of misses at the free throw line by Owens to hit a jumper and knot the game at 60-60 with 3:00 left on the clock.

Owens would hit four consecutive free throws to put Warner Robbins up 64-60 with 1:54 remaining.

Anderson and Maurice Harvey took advantage in the next minute to hit two free throws apiece with Harvey’s pair tying the game at 64-64 with 51 seconds to play.

The Demons ran the clock down and Owens slipped to his left and fired the game-winner with 1.3 seconds to play. It was the first of 11 attempts behind the three-point arc by Warner Robins to find the net.

Miller Grove’s TJ Stargell (right) drives against Warner Robins’ Jacoelby Owens. (Photo by Mark Brock)

Miller Grove threw a long pass up court, but the touch pass towards Harvey went wide and the game was over.

Anderson hit for eight points in the first quarter to go with a three-pointer each from Maurice Harvey and TJ Stargell for a 15-10 lead heading into the second quarter. The Wolverines were up 7-0 out of the gate.

Nelson Phillips had nine points in the second quarter to rally the Demons. Jaydon Norman’s layup on a backdoor cut tied the game at 29-29 with 12 seconds remaining.

Miller Grove got it up the court quickly with Stargell driving for a layup with four seconds left in the half to send the Wolverines into the break up 31-29.

Lorenzo Anderson finished with 19 points to lead the Wolverines while Harvey added a double-double of 14 points and 10 rebounds along with 6 assists and sophomore Terrance Edwards added 11 points and 6 rebounds.

Owens finished with a game-high 24 to lead Warner Robins with Nelson Phillips adding a double-double of 16 points and 10 rebounds and Jaydon Norman chipping in 13. The Demons were 22-36 from the line while Miller Grove was 16-24.