The Summer Feeding Program was established to ensure children have access to the same high quality school meals during the summer months. Everyone wins with summer food.

  • Parents are able to stretch food dollars and have healthy recreation and/or academic enrichment for the children.
  • School Nutrition employees have summer employment, and the School Nutrition Program receives Federal money to support the program.

DeKalb School District participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and National Breakfast Program (NSBP), and the Federal Snack Program. We offer and serve snacks to all eligible students in after school enrichment and educational programs after the regular school day.

  • The After School snack program includes education or enrichment activities in an organized, structured, and supervised environment.
  • Eligible students include students through age 18 and mentally or physically disabled students.

School Nutrition Managers and Assistant Managers are required to obtain ServSafe Certification in food protection and food handling.

The ServSafe Food Protection manager Certification is valid for five years from the date of the examination. The ServSafe Certificate is nationally recognized.

The Managers and Assistant Managers are trained to practice food safety techniques during meal preparation and service for our students and staff.

The Community Eligibility Program (C.E.P) is a new alternative on the traditional meal application process as outlined with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). All students enrolled in a CEP school are eligible to receive a healthy school breakfast and school lunch at No Cost each day. (USDA CEP Guidelines)

The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) schools for SY 17-18 are as follows:


  • Avondale ES
  • Clarkston HS
  • Indian Creek ES
  • Redan ES
  • Bethune MS
  • Columbia ES
  • Jolly ES
  • Rowland ES
  • Barack Obama ES
  • Columbia MS
  • Kelley Lake ES
  • Snapfinger ES
  • Bob Mathis ES
  • Columbia HS
  • McNair ES
  • Stone Mill ES
  • Canby Lane ES
  • E.L. Miller ES
  • McNair MS
  • Stoneview ES
  • Cedar Grove ES
  • Fairington ES
  • McNair HS
  • Toney ES
  • Cedar Grove MS
  • Flat Rock ES
  • Oakview ES
  • Towers HS
  • Cedar Grove HS
  • Flat Shoals ES
  • Panola Way ES
  • Chapel Hill ES
  • Freedom MS
  • Peachcrest ES

What does it mean for you and any siblings attending another DeKalb County School?What does it mean for you and your children attending the CEP school?
Your Child(ren) will be able to participate in these meal programs without paying for meals or submitting a Free & Reduced Lunch Application. No further action is required of you. If your child (ren) leave the CEP school and enroll in another DeKalb County School he or she will need to submit a new application to the School Nutrition Manager as soon as your child is enrolled at the new school. You have 10 days to submit a new application.

If you have child (ren) attending another DeKalb County School(s) and one school is a CEP and the other school is not; you will need to submit a Free and Reduced Application to the School Nutrition Manager for the child attending the school that is not participating in the CEP Program.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, credo religioso, discapacidad, edad, creencias políticas, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o con discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] llamando al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:

(1) correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; o

(3) correo electrónico:

Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.