The Georgia Law Enforcement Certification Program is a comprehensive voluntary, model management, operational and service standards for Georgia Law Enforcement agencies. The standards reflect the best professional requirements and practices for law enforcement agencies.
The DeKalb County Schools Department of Public Safety is currently pursuing State Accreditation through The Georgia Police Accreditation Coalition (GPAC). The Certification process will not only help our agency improve its’ overall performance, but will also ensure that our department has professional standards and a clear statement of professional objectives.
The benefits of State Accreditation are:
- Confirmation that agency practices are consistent with progressive professional standards
- Greater operational and administrative effectiveness
- Enhanced understanding of agency policies and practices
- Greater public confidence in the agency
- Recognition in the field of outstanding achievement
- Reduced liability potential
- Greater governmental and community support