PDSTV-24 is an educational access channel operated by the DeKalb County School District.
The channel is available to Comcast subscribers in DeKalb County on channel 24. PDS Digital is also available online via YouTube or the DCSD website. It can be viewed on any computer, tablet, or smartphone with Internet access. You can also watch PDS with Video On-Demand on our website.
We pride ourselves in being the best in edutainment. Our goal is to educate, empower and entertain our viewers.
New this Month:
- Culture Fest – Our diverse school district knows how to have a great time. Check out the Culture Fest. A family fun day for all!
- DeKalb HS of Technology South – This DeKalb High School of Technology South promo highlights the very best in Career and Technical Education Programs.
- Golf Tournament – Watch out Tiger Woods…DCSD students are shining in this video
- Region 4 Job Fair – Interested in working in Region IV? Watch this video as principals and teachers share their unique experiences and why they love DeKalb Schools.
- The Bridge, Episode 3 – In this episode of “The Bridge,” students discuss mental health and anxiety. Also, a special guest from the Rickey Smiley Morning Show and Dish Nation freestyles for the crew!
PDS-TV24 airs a variety of programs that provide a transparent view of the district and how it operates:
- Board Meetings – All open Board of Education meetings are broadcast live as they occur. This is the district’s way of making the meetings accessible to as many people as possible. All regularly scheduled Monday meetings are rebroadcast on the following Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. and continue to air for one week. All meetings are archived and placed on VOD (Video on Demand) for your viewing convenience.
- Family Engagement Programming – In collaboration with the Family Engagement department, PDS-TV24 produces a program geared at empowering DCSD families. “EngageMEnt Now” features parents, families, community experts and district staff who discuss topics that range from navigating the school system to supporting students with testing. If you’re parent or mentor, “EngageMEnt Now” is a program you won’t want to miss! Watch Now
- Student Programming – The PDS-TV24 team mentors students on producing, scriptwriting, and video production. “The Bridge” is the most ambitious of these programs to date, where DCSD students produce and write original programming. The purpose of this program is to connect students to pathways for success through interviewing community leaders, research, and sharing life experiences on relevant topics. The program also highlights national celebrities, guest speakers, and media experts. Watch “The Bridge”
- Special Events – Throughout the school year, PDS-TV24 airs school district programs and special events. Some of these events include graduation, the District Spelling Bee, the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl, Theater and the Arts, Athletic Signing Day, Battle of the Bands, Technology Fair, Regional Science Fair, Special Olympics, press conferences and more.
- Schedule – Our broadcast schedule runs on two blocks-10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. New programming is added every Wednesday.
ServicesBroadcast programming is only one aspect of the ever-increasing services provided by PDS-TV24. PDS-TV24 is responsible for the broadcast and audio/visual system design.
The PDS-TV24 team also provides the following:
- Production of original programming including scriptwriting, editing, budgeting, music production and more.
- Technical and broadcast services for all major district-wide events.
- Promotional videos developed for both schools and administrative divisions.
- Audio/visual and video production support for local schools, including engineering and maintaining video production systems for schools.
To request support from PDS-TV 24 for events or special projects, please contact the Department of Communications at email@example.com or 678.676.0409.
To request support from PDS-TV 24 for events or special projects, please contact the Department of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-676-2462.