The students and their faculty advisors will now advance to the state FBLA competitions. Middle school students will compete on Feb. 28 at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, Ga., while high school students will compete on March 12-14 at The Classic Center in Athens, Ga.
The Region 10 Middle School results are as follows:
- Chamblee Middle School produced 13 winners.
- Sequoyah Middle School produced 13 winners.
- Henderson Middle School produced 7 winners.
- Miller Grove Middle School produced 7 winners.
- Tucker Middle School produced 2 winners.
- Freedom Middle School produced 2 winners.
The Region 10 High School results are as follows:
- Winners hailed from the following high schools: Arabia Mountain, Cedar Grove, Chamblee, Clarkston, Columbia, Cross Keys, DeKalb School of Technology South, Dunwoody, Druid Hills, Lakeside, McNair, Miller Grove, Martin Luther King Jr., Redan, Stephenson, Stone Mountain, Towers and Tucker.
- 25 winners placed first in their events.
- 18 winners placed second in their events.
- Eight of the winners placed third in their events.
The overall Sweepstakes Awards were granted to the chapters that accumulated the most points in competition.
- First place – Chamblee High School
- Second place – Arabia Mountain High School
- Third place – Stephenson High School
Individual and team events focus on skills useful in leadership and career development. Chapter events recognizes overall achievement and performance in chapter management and growth. The students spent weeks preparing to take the concepts learned in their classrooms and apply them. The top performers in multiple categories were honored in middle school and high school awards ceremonies following the event.
To learn more about Future Business Leaders of America, click here.