Preparing Our Students for Smooth Transitions
The place to bring learning alive!
The Georgia Learning Resources System (GLRS) is a network of seventeen centers throughout Georgia that provide training and resources to educators and parents of students with disabilities. GLRS provides ongoing, effective professional learning to assist local school systems in meeting the federal requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and No Child Left Behind (NCLB). In addition, GLRS supports the parents of students with disabilities by providing information and resources and coordinating with the Georgia Parent Mentor Program to enable parents to be active participants in their children’s education. The Metro East Region of GLRS (MEGLRS) provides services to DeKalb, Decatur City, Fulton, Rockdale, Gwinnett, and Buford City Schools. For more information about MEGLRS, please call 678.676.2400.
Metro East GLRS (MEGLRS) provides services to DeKalb County Schools, Decatur City Schools, Fulton County Schools, Rockdale County Schools, Gwinnett County Schools, and Buford City Schools.
- We can only accept cash payment for services. No bills larger than $20 can be accepted.
- For safety reasons, no children under 12 are permitted in the center.
- Materials loan library includes instructional kits, audio-visual equipment, software, special education teacher certification study guides, adapted speech devices, tests, adapted toys, videos, and books.
- Materials Production Center
Jim Cherry Teacher Center
Administrative & Instructional Complex
1701 Mountain Industrial Boulevard
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
- 678.676.2400 | 678.676.2417
Hours of operation for Metro East GLRS
Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM 6:00 PM *Saturday 9:00 AM 1:00 PM
|Monday-Friday||9:30 AM||5:00 PM|
|Material Production Center|
|Monday – Thursday||9:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|*Saturday||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|*Call for specific Saturday dates|