Welcome to the 2017 – 2018 school year!
New beginnings are wonderful – a fresh perspective, positive energy, infinite possibilities. For me and the 15,000+ teachers, administrators, and staff of your DeKalb County School District, there is no beginning more exciting than the start of a new school year. Over 100,000 bright, young minds will soon electrify our classrooms, labs, stadiums, and more with their boundless curiosity and limitless potential. And, we’re ready to welcome them back as we launch one of the best years yet! As we usher in 2017 – 2018, we are so pleased to announce:
- A 5-year accreditation renewal to propel our students to post-secondary excellence.
- A 2.25% teacher pay increase to ensure that our students receive superior classroom instruction.
- A nurse in every school, plus increased training for counselors and social workers to provide whole-student health and wellness.
- New STEM certifications at more than 20 schools to further our commitment to deep teaching and learning.
- A reduced millage rate as evidence of our ever-diligent focus on fiscal responsibility.
I celebrate these successes with you, and thank you for your continued support as we inspire, achieve, and excel on behalf of every student in every classroom in every school in the district.
Dr. R. Stephen Green, Superintendent of DeKalb County School District